Back in the day, job listings were quite difficult and even costly to obtain, as you needed to sign up to multiple job boards to post job ads or seek a job yourself.
Luckily, this became a thing of the past, as there are tons of free job posting sites out there that allow you to access virtually unlimited job opportunities!
Whether you’re a recruiter or a job seeker, this guide will walk you through the best options available for free!
- Are There Free Job Posting Sites?
- Where Do You Post a Job Opening for Free?
- What is the Best Free Job Search Engine?
- How Do You Advertise an Open Job?
- How Do You Post You Are Open to Work?
- Best Job Posting Sites for Employers
- Best Free Sites to Find Work
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
Are There Free Job Posting Sites?
The business model of job listing websites may vary from one job posting site to another. For example, many of them rely mainly on ads and are almost completely free.
Some job posting websites may also offer a free plan with some basic features, such as limited access to job listings per day, or a limited number of applications per day.
These free posting websites are an excellent choice if you’re bored at work and don’t mind seeking a new challenge. It’s also a great way to find a better job in your field.
Is Posting a Job on Indeed Free?
Posting a job ad on Indeed is technically free. However, the website also offers a sponsorship option that allows your job listing to appear ahead of any relevant free job posting.
A paid job ad allows you to reach and connect with top-field talent and other job seekers before anyone else.
Where Do You Post a Job Opening for Free?
1. Indeed Free Job Posting
Indeed is one of the best job board websites out there. The website allows you to post jobs for free and you can customize a lot of aspects to make it easier for a potential candidate to find the right job in no time.
2. Google Job Posting
Like most services by Google, Job Posting is free and simplified. The best thing here is that the results show directly when looking after searching online. Google also pulls job opportunities from multiple websites across the web.
3. LinkedIn Job Posting
LinkedIn allows you to post jobs for free but you’re limited to one free job post at a time and two within a month.
If you want to promote your ad to reach more candidates or have unlimited job postings, you’ll need to Premium LinkedIn subscription.
AngelList is completely free and has a decent database of job seekers and recruiters of around 2 million individuals.
The website also offers plenty of job offer forms to make posting job openings easier for employers.
SimplyHired is another excellent free job board site that is particularly designed for low-skill roles and entry-level jobs.
The website allows you to link your social media and other recruiting services directly, which helps in exposing your job opening to a huge number of followers.
What is the Best Free Job Search Engine?
Besides being an excellent site for advertising jobs, it’s also a great place to look for jobs.
Indeed allows you to save your resumes on the website in order to apply directly, which helps you apply for multiple jobs in very little time.
Ladders.com is a unique job listing website that only lists jobs that pay over $100,000 annually. The website connects talents and employers by matching the uploaded resumes.
LinkedIn has one of the best job search engines due to its enormous database. Most recruiters post a highly detailed job title ad on LinkedIn to reach the best talents out there. It also has easy-apply and job alert features that attract millions of users.
If you’re a freelancer, Guru is one of the best places to search for jobs. The website is free to use, although it may charge a handling fee of 2.9% on project payments.
How Do You Advertise an Open Job?
- Figure Out Your Needs: Before posting job ads, you need to find out the roles that you need. You should also gather information about its role, responsibilities, and requirements.
- Write a Thorough Job Description: Prepare a draft of the job ad and try to format the job description so that it’s comprehensive yet easy to read.
- Choose a Job Board Site: With your job ad ready, you’ll need to pick a proper job board site. Depending on the company size and budget, you can also opt for paid or sponsored plans.
- Write a Job Posting: Complete the job ad by detailing all the information a candidate might be interested in knowing, including compensation, contact details, etc.
- Post on Social Media: To expose your job ad to the largest number of candidates and job seekers, you can also post it on social media and ask your network to share it.
How Do You Post You Are Open to Work?
One of the first steps needed to get a job is to discover your life calling and your job interest. If you already have this covered, you’re ready to post that you’re open to work. Here’s a quick look at what you need to do:
- Post on Social Media: Use your social media presence to demonstrate your qualifications and skills, and ask your network to recommend you if they come across any suitable job offers.
- Run an Ad: Although running an ad can be costly, it’s a great way to put yourself out there and expose your skills and qualifications in the best way possible.
- Change Your Status on LinkedIn: Setting your LinkedIn to “looking for work” allows the website to alert you to various openings and suggest you to recruiters.
- Reach Out to Your Network: Your larger network may lead you to various career opportunities even before they’re listed online. This network is represented by your peers, colleagues, friends, etc.
Best Job Posting Sites for Employers
This one is an excellent website for all kinds of employers looking for a reliable job board. However, unlike many options listed in this article, Zip Recruiter is not a free website.
Linked is an excellent alternative for employers looking for job seekers at all levels. The website also offers a ton of great features that are only available through the Premium plan, so it’s perfect for employers with a large recruitment budget.
3. Career Builder
While career builder isn’t the biggest website when it comes to features and huge databases, it’s still a solid option for any recruiter looking for a reliable job board to post a free job ad.
As previously established, Indeed is a free job posting site with tons of features to help employers find the best talents for their firms.
For example, the website has an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) that allows Indeed to quickly transfer and track the applicant’s data into the company’s database for an easy and quick reviewing process.
Best Free Sites to Find Work
When it comes to finding jobs, Jora is completely free and easy to use. The website allows employers to post some free job ads as well.
This one goes beyond the scope of job postings and also allows you to register for large career fairs and events to increase your chances of getting hired.
Ladders.com is an excellent free source of jobs with high-paying salaries. The best thing about the website is that it’s free of charge, but there’s also a premium membership with extra features.
Despite the fierce competition over the years, Indeed remains one of the most user-friendly tools when it comes to finding work.
The website offers an advanced search engine that lets you filter job ads and postings through location, salary, requirements, and much more.
Not only that, but you can also subscribe to the website’s newsletter to receive new suggestions that match your interests/
You can find a variety of suitable jobs on LinkedIn to match your qualifications and skill set.
The website allows you to head to the “Jobs” page and browse through thousands of job offers or use the search bar directly to find the one you’re looking for.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Highest-Rated Job Site?
Although there is plenty of websites out there, Indeed remains one of the most popular free job posting sites out there.
The site’s reputation allows it to include the largest number of job ads and it has several features to make posting and applying very easy.
Is it Free to Post a Job on Facebook?
Posting a job ad on Facebook is practically free. However, job posters may also promote the job ad as a sponsored post to reach a wider range of people beyond the scope of the page followers.
There you have it! With this guide, you now have a list of the best free job posting sites to help you kickstart your career, seek a new challenge, or avoid a toxic workplace.
As always, don’t forget to share your thoughts and inquiries with us in the comments down below!