Medical Receptionist Resume Sample
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn affiliate links when you click through the affiliate links on our websiteContact us for Questions
A medical receptionist is typically the foremost employee whom a sick person, his family, or vendors meet and interact with at the beginning. Attending to telephone calls of clients, physicians, and pathology and answering them, providing prior appointments to patients, registering their details in a computer system, and maintaining files and documents are some of the important duties of medical receptionists. In smaller establishments, like in the clinics of dentists, a medical receptionist may be require to call service engineers to fix problems or place orders of medical tools and devices as per instruction of the dental assistant. In big medical settings, welcoming customers, vendors, and medical representatives and guiding them to arrive at the right destination, sorting incoming mails, sending them to respective departments, doctors, and pharmacy, and handling outgoing mail are all duties included the job profile of a medical receptionist.
Some Tips on Writing the Medical Receptionist Resume
- Needless to say, the appearance and behavior of a medical receptionist should be pleasing and appealing to its clients. Being the indoor representative of a health care unit, compose an impressing career objective explaining as to how you are going to provide the best client service at the front office.
- Enter your general skills that you possess to become successful in a receptionist job. In addition, include your knowledge in computers and handling of fax or Xerox machines, etc.
- Explain the type of medical settings where you have worked and gathered experience to perform as a medical receptionist.
- Your educational and professional background should be listed at the end of your resume.
An Example of Medical Receptionist Resume
Joshua S. Spearman
XX Rogers Street, Cincinnati, OH 45214
(000) 016-0000, firstname.lastname@example.org
With my customer friendly attitude, skills, and experience, I would like to provide comprehensive, frontline support to clients of my organization.
- Possess an impressing telephonic voice.
- Pleasing personality with great communication skills.
- Knowledge in bills and coding.
- Excellent public relation expertise.
- Computer knowledge in database and spreadsheet maintenance.
- Accustomed to taking care of multiple clients as well as a telephone at the same time without becoming impatient.
- Well organized, thorough, and caring.
PRC Health Care Centre, Houston, TX
2012 – Present
- Welcoming customers, attending telephone calls, and answering customer inquiries; scheduling appointments.
- Updating computer databases, handling fax, incoming and outgoing messages, checking incoming mail and arranging and marking them separately to ensure receipt by right departments and doctors.
- File maintenance and other administrative jobs, preparing bills based on billing and coding systems.
Dr. Michael’s Dental Care Unit, Austin, TX
2010 – 2012
- Attended customer calls, informed about doctor’s visiting hours and provided appointments; logged the time schedule in register.
- Greeted customers at the reception counter, answered their queries; checked prescriptions and cleared their confusions about intake of medications; also suggested to them procedures of maintaining dental hygiene.
- Maintained files and incoming/outgoing mails; worked together with the dental assistant to ensure that medical devices were in order; as per requirement, called upon service technicians for repairing of the tools or making supplies.
Diploma in Medical Billing and Coding
University of Georgia, Georgia (2010)
Associate’s Degree in Medical Receptionist & Transcriptionist
Phil Community College, Philadelphia (2008)
High School Diploma
RXD High School, Philadelphia (2006)
Medical Receptionist Resume Screenshot