Security Guard Resume Sample
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn affiliate links when you click through the affiliate links on our websiteContact us for Questions
Security guards, or also commonly known as Security Officers, are responsible for protecting a property, its assets and people. Security guards are paid to have a high visibility and presence, often times acting as a deterrent for criminals, helping prevent any wrongdoing or illegal actions on the property they’re patrolling. A security guard may be officially or privately employed depending upon the needs of the client.
As a security guard, you will have to take actions when there is something out of the ordinary, and inform the incident to the emergency services such as police, fire brigade, etc. There are various distinctions within the security guard job scope. You may have to work as bodyguard, residential security staff, stationary security guard, special event security; personal security and fire watch security. Your job may place you in public places such as hospitals, schools, cinemas, colleges, courts, shopping malls, gardens, courts, etc.
Having a specially framed security guard resume can enhance your chances of landing a good job opportunity. That’s why serious job seekers spend some time to research well before writing a resume to avoid resume writing mistakes.
How to Write Security Guard Resume Objective?
Since the most important responsibility of a security guard is to secure the premise, persons and objects from any illegal actions, the client will expect applicants to have a solid track record of professionalism and competency. Highlighting these skills is vital for making a good first impression to your potential employer, so include as much past work experience related to these qualities as possible.
Other skills needed include:
- Weapons handling (not always needed, but definitely a plus)
- Quick responses and critical thinking (think: sounding alarms or other security devices, calling for help, etc..)
- Dedication and honesty
- Clever and skilled
When you are writing the security guard objective section all these key skills should be mentioned. This short and concise sentence should be able to impress the recruiters and catch their attention, but avoid overselling and boasting.
Some Sample Security Guard Resume Objectives
- Looking for a Security Guard job to utilize my key skills in patrolling, investigating and then following up on any incident.
- To provide best security services with my years of experience as a Security Guard.
- Skilled in various security activities and a background in protecting property and life.
- Obtaining a position of Security Guard where I can utilize my abundant skills in public law enforcement providing secure environment for general public.
- Skilled in risk management and deploying safety devices to protect people, property and objects.
How to Write Security Guard Resume Skills?
As we highlighted above, security guard applicants should highlight their past work experience to relate to the potential job as much as possible. This section will allow for more detail into why you would be a good fit for the job, and how you can leverage the skills you’ve learned in the past.
Security guards are expected to be alert professionals who can sense troubles much earlier and manage such situations with ease. Security guards are often either bound to a certain area, or in charge of patrolling multiple areas. When there is any criminal activity happening, the task of a security guard is to inform the law enforcement authorities and control the situation until reinforcements arrive. A security guard has to be very skilled and alert, so some training is almost always mandatory after getting hired.
The skills expected from a security guard may vary from one job to the next, but some of the common skills are mentioned below.
Common Security Guard Resume Skills
- Knowledgeable in securing the premises or facility.
- Affective handling and resolution of conflicts.
- Quick to think and act in emergency situations.
- Ability to use firearms and other latest security equipments.
- Excellent skills of detecting imminent threats.
- Handling rotating shifts.
- Knowledge of CPR and First Aid.
- Good communication skills.
- Organized at all times and an eye for details.
- Extremely polite and courteous.
- Good skills of taking instructions.
- Adjustable to the changing priorities.
- Keeping confidential information secret.
- Physically well built.
There are many skills you will need as a Security Guard, but the highlighted ones above are what many potential applicants include.
Example Security Guard Resume
Security Guard Resume Example [Downloadable]
For your convenience, we’ve put together a mock resume to give you an idea of how a resume in this field should look. To download the resume, click the green button below. You will then be redirected to the download page.
Hopefully you’ve found our Security Guard resume sample helpful. For more tips and tricks on how to nail your interview, check out our blog.
Still have questions? Leave them in the comments below and we’ll be happy to help wherever we can!